Friday 17 April 2015

The Spirit's VOICE – against “Xenophobia”


…I know if I didn't leave my Bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison- Nelson Mandela

My Offspring have worn a false identity
We have become a slave to our own minds; we shall live with this tragedy
You have veiled your hearts with hate against your brothers, I loved even my enemies
If freedom means cutlasses, guns and fire… Let it burn my legacies to ashes!



They were not dictators, they helped in our sovereignty
You have seen freedom as exterminating your own brothers that threatens your economic strength
Where did you learn from; who didn't teach you about love and forgiveness?
If freedom means cutlasses, guns and fire… Let it burn my legacies to ashes!

Who amongst you have had more reasons to hate than the fighters of our freedom; yet we forgave!
We loved…it was the true identity which our foundations were built on; shame to how you behave
 Freedom is far from your hearts if you dance to chants of war that uproots your history.
If freedom means cutlasses, guns and fire… Let it burn my legacies to ashes!

Rulers stole our values, Presidents mute their heart to these
Mourners light the candles, you have ignored the last bishop preach
Stand firm against xenophobia- our new found synonym; our history has been mocked by our children
If freedom means cutlasses, guns and fire… Let it burn my legacies to ashes!


No comments:

Post a Comment