Thursday 12 February 2015

Poem- Maybe I should Stop Dreaming?

MY BASKET OF DREAMS




MY BASKET OF DREAMS        written by: Nwazuosa Nkem Kennedy                                                                                                                                                        

When my eyes closes in slumber; and I smile to what I ponder
What if I see myself different; unique from the norms of familiarity? 
Alone I see my goal; when I stumble to that rock it is still my goal
Its Heavy on me my basket of dreams... should I stop dreaming?



I have found a new tutor in reality whose lessons I harkened grudgingly to
I have not found my place yet among stars; it’s almost noon, I fear nightfall
Have I been dissatisfied on my achievements or have I dreamt too much
Its Heavy on me my basket of dreams... should I stop dreaming?

When the cloud melts and washes away the trace of direction
When I have no guide and I am saddled to orchestrate my life dimension
What if I face a cliff on my next stride; and I fear to confront the unseen?
Its Heavy on me my basket of dreams... should I stop dreaming?

The heart cannot stop fighting yet I do not understand, it’s like the doctors writing
Motivation has turned into pressure, and desire burnt into wishes; I still aim high
I embarked on a journey whose end I know but whose hurdles my grip cannot control
Its Heavy on me my basket of dreams... should I stop dreaming?

Deep inside my heart, I hear voices in my solitary
I am not there yet, I am neither here yet; where then am I?
What state have I evolved into that I do not understand
It’s Heavy on me my basket of dreams... Maybe I should stop dreaming.



No comments:

Post a Comment